Thursday, December 4, 2008

PDF Preview Handler Outlook 2007 & XP Error

Many of you must be still using Windows XP like me. Those who do will truly feel happy why they stuck to it.
Similarly many must have upgraded to MS Office 2007, a totally redesigned-from-scratch Software which has turned out beautifully & Further, many in the office rely on the ever-important Outlook 2007 to take care of their E-mailing needs.
For Quite some time now I have been using outlook for E-mailing. & I extensively use the "Preview" Feature for the Documents (.Doc), Images (.JPEG / .BMP....) & Most Importantly Adobe PDF Files.

But recently I discovered a rather frustrating problem: On Single-Clicking the PDF in the recieved E-mail one should be taken to the Preview directly, but here it gave me a Handler Error: The Preview Handler Has encountered an Error. To view the File, Double-Click on it. WTF!!!
As is my tendency I am not the one to give up so easily. Hence I fired-up Google & began searching for a Suitable Alternative. I encountered only ONE: Foxit PDF Preview Handler. But unfortunately it failed to satisfy me (Pun Un-intended).
But I was not about to give up. many Searches later I stumbled upon THIS PAGE. This Page has a beautiful Preview Handler, which does Perfectly what till recently the inbuilt handler used to do.

I also urge you to visit THIS PAGE. It has Preview Handlers for: SWF / HTML/HTM/XML / ASF/WMV/WMA/AVI/WAV/MPG/MPEG/MP3/MIDI/AIFF/AUASF/WMV/WMA/AVI/
WAV/MPG/MPEG/MP3/MIDI/AIFF/AUCS/VB/SQL/JS
COOL Huhh!!

No comments: